[ubuntu-x] Xserver 1.9 / 1.10 decision

Christopher James Halse Rogers raof at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 30 10:19:36 GMT 2010

Hey Ubuntu-Xers.

At UDS we decided to defer deciding between Xserver 1.9 and 1.10 for
Natty until the close of the 1.10 merge window, to gauge how dangerous
1.10 is likely to be.

The merge window closes tomorrow, and there doesn't seem to be anything
particularly flammable.  There's lots of cleanup, the new input stuff
that we'll be getting anyway, and some extra GLX infrastructure which
drivers may want to hook into.

This all looks fairly benign, so I suggest we go with 1.10 for Natty.

What do other Xers think?