[ubuntu-x] Intel GPU hangs and batchbuffer dumps

Geir Ove Myhr gomyhr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 11:10:32 GMT 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 1:48 AM, Bryce Harrington <bryce at canonical.com> wrote:
> The script that actually does the collection is:
>
>  /usr/share/apport/apport-gpu-error-intel.py

How do I test this script without triggering a freeze?

go at storhaugen:~$ /usr/share/apport/apport-gpu-error-intel.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/apport/apport-gpu-error-intel.py", line 117, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/share/apport/apport-gpu-error-intel.py", line 82, in main
    if report.check_ignored():
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/apport/report.py", line 736,
in check_ignored
    assert self.has_key('ExecutablePath')
AssertionError

This isn't supposed to happen, is it? Removing the two last lines
makes the program complete without AssertionError, but doesn't
generate a anything in /var/crash.

I wanted to test that everything worked after adding some chipset
lines and removing the second attach_hardware(report) (see attached
diff), and I guess there is an easier way than actually triggering a
freeze. I thought about also adding tags for the chipset, but wouldn't
do this before I knew that my current changes were working.

Geir Ove