[ubuntu-x] Splitting out translations from xkb-data.

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Wed Jan 6 00:27:17 GMT 2010

On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 12:59:18AM +0200, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Jan 2010, Evan Dandrea wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Timo Aaltonen <tjaalton at cc.hut.fi> wrote:
> >> Does it need packaging changes to xkb-data, and maintenance from the team in
> >> the future?
> >
> > Yes, it would need an additional Package, xkb-data-i18n, added to
> > xkeyboard-config's control file.  I've attached a rudimentary patch
> > for this, and would appreciate a review.
> >
> > Yes, it would require a delta against Debian's xkeyboard-config to be
> > maintained.
>
> Doesn't look too bad to me, go for it. And unless I'm mistaken, it could
> even be accepted by debian sometime in the future.

Conceptually I'm okay with this, however I don't grok how changing the
target directory to debian/tmp achieves the above, could you explain how
this works?

And +1 for seeing this go upstream to debian.  I've been working in the
past to get all our changes upstream, such that the only ubuntu diffs
against debian are upstream cherrypicks, so would appreciate it if
packaging changes work their way into debian eventually.

Bryce