[ubuntu-x] Splitting out translations from xkb-data.

Evan Dandrea evand at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 5 11:52:32 GMT 2010

Debian's version of console-setup now adds support for translated
keyboard layouts by sourcing gettext data from xkeyboard-config at
build time and including it in the console-setup package in a
specially formatted file (lp:console-setup, r191).  Unfortunately,
because we strip out translations on the buildds to support the
Launchpad Translations workflow, this change to console-setup will
still only provide us with C translation strings.  To fix this, I'm
proposing that we create a xkb-data-i18n package that will contain the
xkeyboard-config translations.  Are there any concerns with this
approach from the X team, or am I okay to go ahead and make the
change?

Thanks,
Evan