[ubuntu-x] Updated plans for Lucid?

Alberto Milone alberto.milone at canonical.com
Fri Jan 1 18:31:43 GMT 2010

On Friday 01 Jan 2010 19:16:27 Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> I don't think it would be a problem. This is from the commit message:
> "The InputClass section attempts to provide a system similar to hal where
> configuration can be applied to all devices with certain attributes. For
> now, devices can be matched to:
>   * A substring of the product name via a MatchProduct entry
>   * A substring of the vendir name via a MatchVendor entry

I think they refer to the vendor and product of the input device (i.e. the
touchpad) (e.g.  vendor: 0x2, product: 0x7, name: "SynPS/2 Synaptics
TouchPad") rather than the system vendor and product name (e.g. "Inspiron

Currently in udev we do the following:

# model specific quirks
ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="Inspiron 1011|Inspiron 1012", \
  ENV{x11_options.JumpyCursorThreshold}="90", \

ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="HP MiniNote 1000", \

Alberto Milone
Sustaining Engineer (system)
Foundations Team
Canonical OEM Services