[ubuntu-x] i8xx KMS video overlay support

Geir Ove Myhr gomyhr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 10:02:19 GMT 2010

Hi Daniel,

I know you're offline this week, but maybe you can give us an answer
to this once you're back?

We're considering sticking with -intel 2.9.1 instead of upgrading to
2.10.0 for the upcoming release of Ubuntu, which will be a long term
support release. Of course we would also like KMS video overlay
support to work on i8xx. The drm part will end up in the kernel, but
what exactly do we need to backport from -intel in order to make this
work? Bryce has noted 7 Xv patches from you on Jan 7th. Would that or
a subset of those be sufficient?

Geir Ove Myhr
Ubuntu user