[ubuntu-x] Lucid i845 testing results

Greg Bair gregbair at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 18:06:25 BST 2010

Last time I wrote, I mentioned that when Ubuntu updated to the 2.6.36-24
kernel, that when login screen started, the screen would alternate
between shutting the monitor off and a black screen with a mouse cursor.

I have the xorg-intel package from the raof/aubergine ppa.

This morning, I applied the DRI workaround and removed the nomodeset
from grub.

So far, so good.  Going at about 2 hours now with no freeze.

lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation
82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE Chipset Integrated Graphics Device (rev 01)

Hope this helps,

Greg