[ubuntu-x] Patch for some of the i845 freezes

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 11:51:50 BST 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 11:26 AM, Geir Ove Myhr wrote:
> I have used quilt like this before. In this case however, it was
> easier to edit the file by hand, since I had to change a few things
> and it was easier to do it in context. I thought there was some quilt
> magic way to extract the patch to debian/patches after editing.
> Something like
> $ quilt start editing
> ... edit the files
> $ quilt extract patch patchname

$ export QUILT_PATCHES=debian/patches
$ quilt push -a  # to apply the other patches first
$ quilt new patchname
$ quilt add files ... # which are going to be touched
... edit the files
$ quilt refresh
$ quilt pop -a  # to unapply all patches again

You can also use edit-patch (from ubuntu-dev-tools) which will do this
in a patch-system transparent way for you.

Tormod