[ubuntu-x] State of support for radeon HD 4350

Khashayar Naderehvandi khashayar.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 11:31:15 BST 2009

Hi,

I have been asked to purchase a computer for the company I work with.
I've been looking at the Dell Vostro 220s which comes with the HD 4350
(RV710 GPU). I can't seem to find any definite information on what the
state of this chipset is on Jaunty and Karmic. We would - as far as
possible - like to use open source drivers. Since Karmic is pretty
close to release, I would consider installing it if there's no support
in Jaunty.

Any information on this, or suggestions are most welcome. Thanks.

Regards,
Khash.