[ubuntu-x] intel_reg_dumper in xorg-edgers

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 19:14:58 BST 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 3:41 AM, Geir Ove Myhr <gomyhr at gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed that intel_reg_dumper was no longer included in the
> xorg-edgers xserver-xorg-video-intel-dbg and first thought it was an
> error, but then I saw in the changelog:
> * hook: Do not install reg_dumper
>
> I guess there is a reason for this, but could anyone elaborate and/or
> tell me if there is a better way of getting register dumps when
> running xorg-edgers. Using intel_reg_dumper from the Karmic package?

Hi,
The intel_reg_dumper was moved from the -intel DDX to the
intel-gpu-tools package upstream:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/intel-gpu-tools/

I will have a look at getting an updated package in xorg-edgers, but
first I want to get the git.debian.org repo updated so I can
auto-xorg-git it...

Meanwhile, using the one from the Karmic package should work fine AFAIK.

Tormod