[ubuntu-x] -ati freeze/spin visiting mundoplus.tv ... any ideas?

Martin Olsson mnemo at minimum.se
Tue May 12 11:18:09 BST 2009

Got some held in #radeon yesterday, seems the answers were roughly:

It's a big image on that website that causes the problem:
http://pages.minimum.se/crashers/ddx_stressers/panBR.png

Yes, it repros on all r300-r500 radeons at least (and even on Fedora 10 it seems).

Bug is most likely in -ati DDX however intrepid shipped XAA by default
for -radeon so bisecting might not be useful.

Also, since I previously noticed that another 10K pixels wide
bitmap actually caused problems for the intel driver in UXA mode:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b7/Singapore_port_panorama.jpg

I think this is a easy / quick quality check (could be sort of like
an "exit criteria" for the milestone leading up the beta or something)
we can do for drivers in general... that is, trying to open a few big
images in Firefox so they get fed through the XRender pipeline. Pretty
much everyone will open a big enough JPG on the intraweb at sometime
so I believe it's a common use case as well. (the wide image only caused
corruption and not a hang in the latest intel driver though)

		Martin