[ubuntu-x] Add tag for GPU fan related problems? [was: Tagging Xorg bugs (especially -intel)]

unggnu unggnu at googlemail.com
Fri May 8 20:21:24 BST 2009

Afaik the firmware is only static. I have used the
http://www.techpowerup.com/rbe/ which uploads the firmware to the
graphic flash memory but it should be used with caution!

Powerplay is more than fan control. It scales down the gpu and even
seems to disable shading units or similar because my card ist still
noisier with the lowest frequency and undervoltaging than under Win/with
fglrx and standard voltage.
The fan scales automatically per default at least with my hardware version.
Maybe there is some copyrighted stuff in it or they have to create the docs.

Btw. if I remember right the dev working on Powerplay is mjg59. I guess
you could ask in the #radeon Freenode channel.

unggnu