[ubuntu-x] Add tag for GPU fan related problems? [was: Tagging Xorg bugs (especially -intel)]

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Fri May 8 19:39:18 BST 2009

On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 06:51:50PM +0200, Martin Olsson wrote:
> Someone posted this additional info in the bug btw (apparently there is some
> upstream work on -ati power management that didn't make it into jaunty!):
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-ati/+bug/373669/comments/2

Would you mind forwarding this bug upstream, and chatting with Alex
Deucher about it (he's on #radeon).  Alex works at AMD so would likely
have access to docs (or could at least talk to the relevant engineers).
So upstreaming this bug would probably be very fruitful in getting a
complete solution.

Also, I anticipate we may be doing some git snapshots of -ati in Karmic,
as we had done in Jaunty, so if it gets sufficiently solved upstream let
me know and we can pull that in for Karmic (and maybe x-updates if it
is still backportable.)

Bryce