[ubuntu-x] Two bugs with proposed patches and long discussions

Martin Olsson mnemo at minimum.se
Thu May 7 12:57:50 BST 2009

Alberto Milone wrote:
> I think the 107_fedora_dont_backfill_bg_none.patch caused graphical
> corruptions in KDE 4 which is why we dropped it.

Thanks Alberto.

I found the bug you mention and the change that disabled it now (see below).
The corruption was bug might have been more prominent in KDE
but I remember seeing it every now and then on GNOME as well.

Corruption bug is here btw:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/254468

Some users in that bug suggests that another way to fix
the bug was to go with UXA. Therefore, I suspect it might
be possible to fix both the fglrx perf issues _and_ not
cause any intel breakage if we enable UXA by default in karmic.

xorg-server (2:1.5.99.901-0ubuntu1) jaunty; urgency=low

  [ Timo Aaltonen ]
  * debian/rules: Enable dbus-support.
  * Merge current server-1.6-branch.
  * Disable patch 107 for now, to see what kind of a performance hit
    it'll be. The problem it causes is random garbage on windows
    while apps are being loaded.
    (LP: #254468)
  * Remove patches 150, 151, 152, 154, applied upstream.

  [ Bryce Harrington ]
  * 156_exevents_copykeyclass_nullptrcheck.patch: Add several NULL pointer
    checks in CopyKeyClass to prevent SEGFAULT seen when pressing button
    on an ATI USB remote control.
    (LP: #311254)

 -- Timo Aaltonen <tjaalton at ubuntu.com>  Sat, 17 Jan 2009 16:17:58 +0200