[ubuntu-x] -intel 2.6.3 uploaded

Peter Clifton pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 24 11:07:30 GMT 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 17:54 -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 12:22:42AM +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
> > Is mesa 7.4 destined for Jaunty? It looks and feels quite good with this
> > patch in.
>
> There's no plans for mesa 7.4 in jaunty so far.  We're well past feature
> freeze, so don't anticipate plans materializing now, but if someone were
> to make a convincing enough case, it could be within the realm of
> feasibility (it'd have to be post-beta though).
>
> That aside, I'm definitely open to patch cherrypicking if there's ones
> that apply to 7.3 that would be worth going in.

I thought the 7.4 branch was supposed to be a stabilisation of the 7.3
series. Looking at the changelog since 7.3, there is not a great deal on
that branch so far, so hopefully it will be useful to look at.

It is just 6 commits past the intel_2009q1_rc1, which I presume will be
what the latest Intel driver is supposed to be run against.

It is142 commits past mesa_7_3. Scanning through, they all look like
fixes, or important additions. There are various there which may be
critical to getting decent intel performance, including fixing a texture
leak, and some changes to reduce usage of BO memory.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,