[ubuntu-x] -intel 2.6.3 uploaded

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Wed Mar 18 00:13:14 GMT 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:22:52PM +0100, Khashayar Naderehvandi wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 10:49 PM, Bryce Harrington <bryce at canonical.com> wrote:
> > Figured out a way to workaround the kernel dependency myself, and in
> > testing it seems to work as well as 2.6.1 for me.
> >
> > Supposedly UXA is tons more stable in this version, so those of who who
> > found/reported UXA bugs can re-test and close/update your reports.
> >
> > I count that we have 10 UXA bugs in launchpad against -intel right now.
> > If most of those get resolved, I suppose we could still consider UXA for
> > jaunty.  So if you'd like to see UXA turned on by default, please help
> > triage those bugs. :-)
> >
> Great news!
>
> I couldn't wait for it to finish building (on amd64), so I used the
> source package to build it locally :-p
>
> Unfortunately, on my g45, I'm still experiencing the X crash after a
> suspend/resume cycle when using UXA. So no change there.
> On the 855GM, however, the artifacts I saw earlier are gone and I'm
> experiencing no crashes at all. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with
> 2.6.3 + UXA + 855GM.
>
> Looking forward to see how this driver behaves over the course of the
> next few days.
>
> Thanks for this!

Sure, glad to hear it helps, I was debating whether or not to give it a
go for -beta.

I would love everyone's help to either confirm/update or close bugs in
launchpad against xserver-xorg-video-intel that have gone away or not
with this release.  If you guys can help there, then I can focus from
here to release on pulling fixes from upstream.

Bryce