[ubuntu-x] Can't build libgl1-mesa-dri from source?

Martin Olsson mnemo at minimum.se
Mon Mar 2 09:13:10 GMT 2009

Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> Ok, so you tried to build the debian version with ubuntu build-deps. We
> don't build-depend on lesstif2-dev, because we don't build GLw (the
> security team don't want to support lesstif, so it's in universe). IOW,
> apt-get build-dep isn't enough in your case.

This is my first time trying to build mesa in ubuntu and I got no
Debian experience so I mixed up some stuff. Thanks for sticking with me
and explaining. I also had been testing libdrm upstream and had accidentally
executed make install targeted at /usr/local (which was the default) and
this clearly was a "bad idea (tm)".

I've now been able to build mesa on intrepid which was nice. However, one
thing still perplexes me; for all other Ubuntu packages I've ever tried I
have been able to build them using "fakeroot debian/rules binary" but for
mesa the makefile (or possibly the configure script) seems to be borked
somehow?

Basically, when I run "debuild -us -uc -b" it builds fine, but when I do
"fakeroot debian/rules binary" it prints these kinds of errors:

../../configure: line 2297: 5: Bad file descriptor
../../configure: line 2308: 5: Bad file descriptor
../../configure: line 2308: 5: Bad file descriptor
../../configure: line 2307: 5: Bad file descriptor
../../configure: line 2318: 5: Bad file descriptor
../../configure: line 2318: 5: Bad file descriptor
../../configure: line 2317: 5: Bad file descriptor
../../configure: line 2328: 5: Bad file descriptor
../../configure: line 2328: 5: Bad file descriptor
../../configure: line 2327: 5: Bad file descriptor

Even if I boot from a Live CD, I do get this error so it's not a config issue.
Also this happens on both intrepid and latest jaunty bits.

An interesting side note is that if I run "autoreconf -vfi" in the mesa-7.X
directory then afterwards I can build using "fakeroot debian/rules binary".

		Martin