[ubuntu-x] Intel graphics 2.7.99.1 and UXA

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Wed Jun 3 06:15:13 BST 2009

The 2.7.99.1 -intel driver has been uploaded to Karmic today.

This version switches us to the UXA acceleration mode.  In fact,
upstream stripped out EXA acceleration altogether, so it's UXA or bust
now.

In the past few weeks we've had numerous people test 2.7.99.1 (and
subsequent git snapshots) with very good reviews.  It seems a LOT of the
issues we were experiencing with the 2.6.x series are gone here.  If
you've reported an -intel bug before, this would be a good point to
re-test on Karmic.

Bryce