[ubuntu-x] FTBFS for xf86-input-evtouch in Jaunty

Thomas Jaeger thjaeger at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 01:39:53 GMT 2009

Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
> Am Dienstag, den 13.01.2009, 10:22 +0530 schrieb Vishal Rao:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'd filed https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/312098 a while back about
>> this build failure.
>>
>> This is touchscreen support for (at least) my HP tx1302au tablet PC
>> and includes a
>> calibration tool in System->Preferences which works very well in
>> Intrepid. I hope it
>> will be available for Jaunty again soon.
>>
> that sadly wont happen, touchscreens will have t be supported by evdev
> instead for which we dont have the setup yet, i'm trying to get that
> going until feature freeze though. xorg dropped many of the header files
> things like evtouch need to include at compile time, so drivers like
> this will likely have to vanish in jaunty and be replaced by a new
> mechanism sitting on top of evdev.

Xorg dropped an old header file that has been obsolete for a while.  The
driver compiles just fine after updating to the latest evtouch version
(I don't think that's necessary, but we might as well, right?), dropping
all the patches and making a few trivial modifications.  Untested, since
I don't have the hardware.  If there are more driver build failures like
this, they should be very easy to fix.

Tom