[ubuntu-x] Difference between libdrm2 and libdrm-intel1 ??

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Mon Jan 12 19:55:24 GMT 2009

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 09:01:36PM +0100, Martin Olsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the difference between libdrm2 and libdrm-intel1? And what is the purpose of each one?

As I understand it, the Intel guys needed some stuff beyond what libdrm2
provided, but it'd have broken others if they shoved it into the libdrm2
package so they split it off as a secondary one.  I understand they
eventually plan to re-merge them, but for the time being we have to live
with having them split out.

For more detailed specifics, see the xorg@ list and/or intelgraphics.org.

Bryce