[ubuntu-x] mesa 7.6-ish git snapshot

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Sat Aug 22 04:58:11 BST 2009

Hi all,

Wanted to let everyone know - I've updated Karmic to a git snapshot of
the mesa 7.6 and libdrm development trees.

We need this version because it provides a few key features we need in
Karmic, and because it's got a slew of bug fixes that haven't been
feasible to backport to mesa 7.5.

Since this is a development snapshot rather than a formal release, there
is some risk of regressions with compiz or 3d games.  Report bugs with
this command:

  $ ubuntu-bug xorg

If you do find a problem and need to work around it by undoing this
change, I've uploaded mesa 7.5 and libdrm 2.4.12 to our x-retro PPA:

  https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/x-retro/

I have been running this git tree on my Intel gfx laptop since UDS
without trouble, as have others, so it seems pretty safe there.

On ATI, testing with KMS enabled had revealed some problems against an
earlier snapshot, but I'm optimistic that for non-KMS this snapshot
should be pretty good.  Please test though, and let me know of issues
you find.

Bryce