[ubuntu-x] Tagging Xorg bugs (especially -intel)

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Mon Apr 27 23:36:22 BST 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 12:08:04AM +0200, Martin Olsson wrote:
> Bryce Harrington wrote:
>> What does everyone think of the following list of tags for symptoms?
>>
>> all_symptoms = [
>
> What about cases when xorg fails to start but doesn't strictly crash.
> I'm thinking about stuff like "no screens with usable configuration" etc.

Right, also the 'black-screen' bugs, which are like freezes that occur
during startup, but have a different debug procedure.

> If xorg gets stuck in a loop with 100% cpu, should that be a "freeze" then
> or is that reserved for infinite ioctl() blocking bugs only?

Yes, let's count it as a freeze.  We don't need to get *too* precise
with our categorization, else it may lead to confusion.

> Will you publish a final tag list on the wiki later and with an explanation
> of each?

Certainly.  And here's the full list as currently stands:

all_symptoms = [
    'freeze',
    'crash',
    'no-screens',