[ubuntu-x] x-updates: New Drivers PPA for Jaunty

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Sat Apr 25 05:38:29 BST 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 02:26:59PM -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 11:19:56PM +0200, Tormod Volden wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 1:01 AM, Bryce Harrington <bryce at canonical.com> wrote:
> > > We've started getting requests for new versions of X drivers, that
> > > unfortunately missed the freeze deadline for Jaunty.
> > >
> > > I've established a PPA for where updated drivers can be posted:
> > >
> > > ?https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/x-updates/
> > >
> > > I've pre-seeded it with some of the simpler ones to update. ?If you're
> > > in ubuntu-x-swat, please feel free to add to the collection. ?It would
> > > be nice to have mesa 7.4.1, -intel 2.7, and the new restricted drivers.
> >
> > I am not sure about those Hardy packages you copied from
> > intel-gfx-testing, I think they are broken and this was discussed in a
> > thread "-intel test/backport repository" here. So unless somebody has
> > tested them with success I suggest you delete them.
>
> Ah, thanks will do.
>
> If you do have suggestions for newer drivers on older distros that have
> been tested to work, please do feel free to add them in here.

Tormod - I copied in the 2.7.0 driver you suggested.  I think alberto is
working on a version that includes kernel changes, we we may update to
his once they're available.  You two may want to touch bases.

I also removed the old ones as you recommended.

I wonder if it might be possible to get you into membership on the
ubuntu-x-swat team so you can make these changes more directly.  Was the
issue just the bug mail volume?  Maybe we could switch to using an
opt-in/out-able mailing list for this?

Bryce