[ubuntu-x] Test kernel for perf issues on -intel

Michael Larabel michael.larabel at phoronix.com
Thu Apr 16 15:14:07 BST 2009

Michael Larabel wrote:
>> Bryce Harrington wrote:
>>> Another option which has been suggested is to turn off migration
>>> altogether:
>>>
>>>    Option "EXAOptimizeMigration" "off"
>>>
>>> This may have the same "benefit" as the greedy migration, but without
>>> the irritating side effects.  It would be hugely helpful if people
>>> could
>>> test this option (independently from the kernel change) and see if they
>>> spot any regressions with it set.  Meanwhile I'll try to get some debs
>>> put together for it.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Bryce

>> Attached are results using the EXAOptimizeMigration off thrown into
>> the mix. This option isn't definitively faster, but there seems to be
>> a few areas where it's ahead.
>>
>> Michael
>
> Attached are the results with the Linux 2.6.30-rc2 kernel being used
> with EXA and no options being set.
>
> Michael

http://global.phoronix-test-suite.com/?k=profile&u=phoronix-31974-10432-20657

Added in at the right end are the results for EXA and UXA (with no extra
options being set) when building the xf86-video-intel 2.7.0 driver with
the Linux 2.6.30-rc2 kernel. There's a few areas where the performance
has improved, but there is certainly some slowdowns still.

Michael