[ubuntu-x] is xgc used or on the way out

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 15:14:10 BST 2008

Hi all,
 There used to be a package named xgc . While I don't know much about
it and the man page also doesn't say much, there is no candidate
version for intrepid while it was there in Hardy Heron. So is it on
its way out or would it be coming up in some future uploads. I ask
here as everything in x.org architecture is done here.

shirish at Mugglewille:~$ aptitude show xgc
No current or candidate version found for xgc
Package: xgc
State: not installed
Version: 1:1.0.1-0ubuntu2
 xgc is a small tool that was part of xbase-clients.

 More information about X.Org can be found at: <URL:http://xorg.freedesktop.org>

 This module can be found as the module 'app/xgc' at
:pserver:anoncvs at cvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/xorg

Looking at a man page of xgc found by good old google

http://tech-zilla.com/man_pages/x/xgc.html

Any comments, suggestions or additions to the same are welcome.
--
 Regards,
 Shirish Agarwal

065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3 8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17