[ubuntu-x] -intel 2.3.1 driver builds for Intrepid / Hardy

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 09:20:03 BST 2008

2008/6/7 Bryce Harrington <bryce at canonical.com>:
>   xserver-xorg-video-intel_2.3.1-1ubuntu1~bwh1_amd64.deb

Hi. Unfortunately you had commented out the greedy patch in series, so
those deb:s are no different from the original ones :)

I re-compiled with the patch enabled, with pretty much expected
results: scrolling is now smooth (enough) in Firefox even when compiz
is on. Video playing is still a pain when compiz is on.

So, I wouldn't say that either greedy patch or overlay enabling patch
can be dropped out, _except if_ intel is blacklisted in compiz. User
experience is anyway still better with those patches. Greedy patch can
be dropped when the batchbuffer & co finally fix the biggest
regressions.

-Timo