[ubuntu-x] -intel 2.3.1 driver builds for Intrepid / Hardy

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 18:18:35 BST 2008

2008/6/6 unggnu <unggnu at googlemail.com>:
> textured video is still not ready imho. It has improved a little bit

Ah yes. Fired up Totem instead of full screen mplayer. Often almost
unusable if compiz is on. So definitely defaulting to overlay instead
of textured video should be done for 965G. I'd accept the slower
scrolling (some others probably not, especially if it's even slower on
other configurations), but Totem is really unusable with compiz &
textured video for anything but relatively small screen sizes. If put
to full screen and the user does nothing else like bringing Totem bars
on top and bottom, it is quite smooth, though.

Without compiz even textured video is perfectly fine, but we probably
wouldn't want to force (again) everyone to turn compiz off on Intel