[ubuntu-x] Patch for bad border rendering on 965 w/ EXA+Compiz

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 10:39:07 GMT 2008

Bryce Harrington wrote:
> With -intel 2:2.2.0+git20080107-1ubuntu2 on 965GM, using EXA and Compiz,
> the borders of windows are drawn incorrectly:
>
>  http://bryceharrington.org/files/borders-bad.png
>
> Poking around a bit, I came up with the patch below which makes the
> issue go away.  Probably this is just covering up a real problem deeper
> down, so feedback would be appreciated.

The same problem occurred here, and the patch worked fine also on top
of the current 2.2.0.90-2ubuntu2 version!

This was the only clear problem I had with hardy + i965 + EXA
acceleration, so it might be a nice thing to evaluate the patch
further. This patch might still be a better option than using Option
"MigrationHeuristic "greedy" which also fixes the problem.

-Timo