[ubuntu-x] Glyph cache patches for xserver 1.5.3

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 18:19:33 GMT 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 12:11 AM, Thomas Jaeger <thjaeger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tormod,
>
> I've attached the glyph cache patches adapted for xserver 1.5.3.  I
> think it would make sense to apply them to the xserver package in
> xorg-edgers since they noticeably improve performance with the intel 2.5
> driver.

Tom's patches are now in xserver 1.5.3 in xorg-edgers, both for hardy
and intrepid. I also updated the -intel drivers, so now we have:
2.5.1 for hardy
2.5.99.1 (= 2.6 beta) for intrepid
2.6.99.1 (trunk) for jaunty

Additionally, the xserver 1.5.3 in intrepid xorg-edgers can be used
with the -intel 2.5.1 from intel-gfx-testing. So there are plenty of
combinations to try out now :)

Tormod