[ubuntu-x] -intel test/backport repository

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 14:18:39 GMT 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Miguel Martínez wrote:
> Anyway, my question was whether the PPA set by Tormod is intended to
> use together with xorg-edgers or is intended as a backport for vanilla
> intrepid.

Hi Miguel,
The intel-gfx-testing PPA is to be used with vanilla intrepid.
For Hardy it is too complicated to just provide backports of the
driver, there are too many dependencies and the xserver would need to
be updated for good performance. So I did not go further with it.

The xorg-edgers PPA is a separate project, with more packages updated
and with more unstable/unreleased stuff. That said, the Hardy part
seems pretty stable, and therefore it would be an alternative if
someone really wants to test intel 2.5.1 on hardy. The Intrepid part
has relatively few, conservative updates, but has a (now old) trunk
build of intel if someone wants to test that. The Jaunty part is more
or less what's in main Jaunty now, but has an intel from the 2.6
branch. I will also keep mesa more updated than in main.

Tormod