[ubuntu-x] UDS: Graphical Configuration Tool for Wacom Tablets & TabletPCs

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at cc.hut.fi
Thu Dec 11 19:37:50 GMT 2008

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Loïc Martin wrote:

> Bryce Harrington a écrit :
>>> I've checked the xorg mailing lists archives for a few weeks, and
>>> there's still no solution offered for the post-xorg.conf era.
>>
>> Do you mean input-hotplug support in wacom-tools?  Yes I'd love to hear
>> some plans upstream around that, and a rough idea of an ETA.
> As far as I can tell, there's no plans and no ETA. The question will
> have to be raised in xorg mailing list, I can try to poke their IRC
> channel a bit (most of the replies will probably fly far above my head,
> so IRC is a good start).
>
> If by upstream you mean wacom, OTOH, they're still waiting for xorg to
> decide what's the method going to be. Xorg was going to the HAL method,
> but real life has invalidated that for wacom devices, even though they
> haven't formally acknowledged the fact.

It's just a communication problem. Wacom upstream needs to get to xorg@ /
#xorg-devel, not the other way around. AIUI HAL input-hotplug can be made
to work with wacom, but it needs changes in the driver not the server.
Could be that it needs changes in both, but that's why the wacom people
should speak up :)