[ubuntu-x] Xorg crash on PS3/hardy

Dan Munckton lists at munckfish.net
Thu Apr 17 10:39:00 BST 2008

Hi

> > Ok, I didn't look at the log before now.. Seems that it's a bug in
> > hw/xfree86/common/xf86{,Auto}Config.c, it should use vesa only for x86. The
> > old xserver-xorg.postinst handled these right, but seems like the logic was
> > not added to the xserver code.

> actually, there are patches 03 and 04 (merged in git master) that should
> do this, but something is apparently wrong.

Excellent, so we're getting somewhere. Do you still want a gdb trace? I
made some effort to get one this morning before work, but because I am
still using the Live CD I ran into memory probs, then I had to leave.
I'm confident I can get a trace somehow if needed.

I uploaded my gutsy (installed) xorg.conf and the auto-generated one
from the hardy cd to the bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/217647

> Does it work without a config?

Dunno, but I can try later and report back tomorrow.