[ubuntu-x] Xorg crash on PS3/hardy

Dan Munckton lists at munckfish.net
Tue Apr 15 17:38:11 BST 2008

Hi ubuntu-x list

I'm trying to follow up on the next big Playstation 3 + hardy show
stopper:
Crash at startup on PS3 (hardy)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/217647/

I've been chatting with cjwatson about it on IRC, his gut feeling is
this is memory corruption.

In the short-term I am hoping that re-applying explicit xorg.conf from
the gutsy install will help us workaround the problem for the first
hardy release.

In the long term does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this
crash?

I've seen the X debugging tips on the wiki, I will try these in the next
few days. If it is a memory corruption issue what is going to be the
quickest way to nail this? Would valgrind work with X?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dan Munckton