[ubuntu-x] [gutsy-current-state] Radeon 200M (RC410)

Dimitri Van Landuyt dimitri.vanlanduyt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 10:57:50 BST 2007

Hello,

I would like to point your attention to the following bug:

On my 200M, the default behaviour is that the laptop boots, then you can
see the screen blinking a few times, and then finally hanging hard, as
described in the above bug. I found that expliitly adding

Option "GARTSize" "128"

to xorg.conf helps: the laptop boots. However, the X-server crashes (and
restarts automatically) as soon as anything 3D related is started:
glxinfo, glxgears, compiz, even f-spot manages to make it crash.

I would like to help you fix this issue, as I think the currently
default behaviour is really unacceptable for when gutsy is ready. I
tried several additional options, using EXA instead of XAA, all to no
avail. No open source acceleration for my card...

Best regards,

Dimitri Van Landuyt