[ubuntu-x] ati.debdiff

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at cc.hut.fi
Tue Oct 30 16:03:32 GMT 2007

<cc'ing ubuntu-x, lets keep the discussion there>

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, Camille Harang wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i just installed xubuntu Gutsy for PowerPC on an Imac G5 20" with
> xserver-xorg-video-ati Version: 1:6.7.195-1ubuntu2 including your lastest
> patch suggested on some HowTo's for this machine. It works. But, i firstly
> had some troubles because lastest version of this driver ignores the only
> acceptable mode for this machine falling back to 1280x768 (IIRC) resulting
> in scrambled display. I have to fix it using xrandr or hardcode
> "PreferredMode" option in xorg.conf with the following modeline outputed
> by fbset:
>
> Mode "1680x1050-53"
>    # D: 100.000 MHz, H: 58.140 kHz, V: 53.339 Hz
>    DotClock 100.001
>    HTimings 1680 1696 1704 1720
>    VTimings 1050 1066 1074 1090
>    Flags    "-HSync" "-VSync"
> EndMode
> Option          "PreferredMode"         "1680x1050-53"

There's actually a newer version up for testing packaged by Tormod Volden,
you might want to try that (and without setting up that modeline).

https://launchpad.net/~tormodvolden/+archive

> Then it works, except that default X11 cursor no more look like a cross,
> but reverted, it looks like this: <>. I do not know if it is because of
> Xorg or the ATI driver but it is obviously a Big/Little-Endian bug. Other
> antialiazed/transparent cursors works nice. Except when the virtual square
> containing the cursor touches the right screen limit, it displays a 2:1
> ratio rescaled cursor on the first top half of the virtual cursor square,
> and artifacts in the bottom half.

Right, I've seen that before but can't remember if it was a bug in the
driver or server.

> Except these details the driver works smoothly :-) I hope these
> informations can help, thank you for your work.

Great, thanks :)