[ubuntu-x] pushing Ubuntu changes to xorg.git

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at cc.hut.fi
Mon Oct 22 22:26:30 BST 2007

dropped debian-x from the recipients

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 09:38:36PM +0300, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
>>    I've just pushed five changes from Ubuntu xorg to alioth xorg.git..
>> Hopefully they all are useful, and if not, easily reverted :)
>
> What is alioth?

alioth.debian.org (aka. git.debian.org) :)

I'll commit some more tomorrow.

> I think it'd be beneficial to manage xorg (and xorg-server) in git.
> During Gutsy I was doing enough work within the xorg package that it
> started getting a bit tricky to balance devel work against other
> updates.

Yes, I could look into this soonish, since I've been playing with git a
bit. It was acked to have the git repos on git.d.o, but we can discuss
this at UDS.

> Yeah, for Hardy it probably makes sense to leave things like this (and
> xresprobe) until after the dust has settled on the postinst rework.  At
> this point, just getting all the major pieces (xorg, xserver, etc.)
> merged in and squared away is probably the main Hardy priority at the
> moment.  I also think effort put into driver bug fixing will prove to be
> time well spent, since we'd also be able to SRU the most critical of
> those back to gutsy as well.

Yes, I've done the xorg/xorg-server merges but am still doing some
adjustments (due to pushing some of the changes to debian etc).