[ubuntu-x] gcc-3.4 for mesa, l-r-m

Miguel Martinez el.quark at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 15:27:02 GMT 2007

Hi everybody,

Timo Aaltonen escribió:
 > The only truly controversial change is dropping the ATI provided libGL,
 > which means that there is no need for diversions anymore (yay!). The
 > Debian fglrx-driver package has done the same, and I got the idea from
 > them. I have one confirmation that it actually works, performance being
 > the same etc. The tester didn't get compiz running due to some error, but
 > apparently it was the same when he used the ATI installer.

Really? I always thought that libGL was the "piece" doing the real work
behind fglrx.  I wonder if this means one can be simultaneously testing
fglrx and radeon without the need of constantly (un)installing fglrx. This
would certainly encourage people to test the various ATi drivers.

Regards,

Miguel

PS: Sorry, Timo, I just found I didn't reply to the list, but to you.

Miguel Martínez Canales
    Dto. Física de la Materia Condensada
    UPV/EHU
    Facultad de Ciencia y Tecnología
    Apdo. 644
    48080 Bilbao (Spain)
Fax:  +34 94 601 3500
Tlf:  +34 94 601 5437

  "If you have an apple and I have an apple and
  we exchange these apples then you and I will
  still each have one apple. But if you have an
  idea and I have an idea and we exchange these
  ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."

  George Bernard Shaw