[ubuntu-x] Still not able to update/upgrade :(

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.org
Fri Nov 9 01:47:30 GMT 2007

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 07:05:32AM +0530, shirish wrote:
> On Nov 9, 2007 6:56 AM, Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 01:58:13AM +0200, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> > > Just wait.. it's called "development version" after all. Things are in
> > > flux at the moment, intel driver is sitting in NEW (since it adds a -dbg
> > > package) and so are x11-* packages (result of split xbase-clients/xutils
> > > in Debian).
> >
> > Since we postponed Xorg 7.3 in Gutsy, we have a huge backlog of stuff to
> > shove through.  We decided to try to get it all in ASAP at the start of
> > hardy before many people depend on it.  Once all this stuff is in, we're
> > going to let X settle down and focus on stabilizing it.  But things may
> > be very inconsistent for a week or two.
> >
> > Bryce
> Hi all,
>          Good news is that my GUI is back :) Lemme know if any testing
> is to be done at any point in time. Looking forward to whatever
> goodies you guys can bring on the table.

Good to hear.  Right now I'm still in Massachusetts for Canonical's All
Hands event, so my time's been monopolized by helping people fix their

Once Timo's merge madness has finished getting digested, that will be
worth testing.  Especially valuable would be to go through the bug
tracker, and see if bugs that you can see on Gutsy are either fixed or
still existing.  Especially the High and Medium priority issues.