[ubuntu-x] Still not able to update/upgrade :(

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.org
Fri Nov 9 01:26:52 GMT 2007

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 01:58:13AM +0200, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, shirish wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >        Please look at
> > http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=3731413&postcount=46 and lemme
> > know where I am going wrong.
>
> Just wait.. it's called "development version" after all. Things are in
> flux at the moment, intel driver is sitting in NEW (since it adds a -dbg
> package) and so are x11-* packages (result of split xbase-clients/xutils
> in Debian).

Since we postponed Xorg 7.3 in Gutsy, we have a huge backlog of stuff to
shove through.  We decided to try to get it all in ASAP at the start of
hardy before many people depend on it.  Once all this stuff is in, we're
going to let X settle down and focus on stabilizing it.  But things may
be very inconsistent for a week or two.

Bryce