[UbuntuWomen] EFF hiring Client Platform Engineer & Help Desk Technician

leez leez at eff.org
Fri Sep 21 18:00:13 UTC 2018

Avast! The Electronic Frontier Foundation is hiring for two full-time
positions on our Technical Operations team, in San Francisco, CA.

The *Client Platform Engineer* will manage our mixed-environment fleet
of laptops, tablets, and mobile phones. We're looking for someone who
picks the best modern tool available, but is also comfortable
maintaining legacy systems and will make meaningful contributions to our
tight-knit six-person team.

While we would be very excited to hire someone with client platform
engineering experience, we are also prepared to provide training for the
particular CPE tools we employ to someone with scripting skills, basic
server administration skills, and a desire to specialize in client
platform engineering.

See more @ https://www.eff.org/opportunities/jobs/client-platform-engineer

The *Help Desk Technician* will provide technical support to EFF’s staff
by responding to a wide variety of help desk tickets, ranging from
solving mysterious macOS backup errors to debugging monitors on the
fritz, from troubleshooting non-native software on Linux to dealing with
temperamental printers. Our ideal applicant is someone who is
resourceful, organized, able to manage multiple tickets simultaneously
and make a meaningful contribution to our tight-knit six-person team.

See more @ https://www.eff.org/opportunities/jobs/help-desk

Please consider applying if either feels like where you want to be!

--
Lisa Wright (leez)
Technologist General, Electronic Frontier Foundation