[UbuntuWomen] Find-A-Task Vs. Questionnaire

Silvia Bindelli silvia.bindelli at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 20:07:21 UTC 2015

Hi,

> All,
>
> Today, the Find-A-Task (A.K.A Ubuntu AskNot), was released:
> http://cheesehead-techblog.blogspot.com/2015/01/introducing-ubuntu-find-task.html
>
> And we are developing the questionnaire.
>
> My question is should we be still developing the questionnaire?  My reason
> for developing it is what we are working on is different because it's giving
> people questions to create a path that points to one answer based on what
> they answered.  The AskNot thing is different and I don't know how helpful
> it would be versus what we are doing.

I played with it a little today. To be honest I think that, even if it
indeed implements a different idea than our questionnaire, it fits the
same purpose: to guide people through the different aspects of our
community and help them choose where they would like to help. It's a
different way to do that, but I find it pretty effective and well done
so I feel much less now the need of something like the questionnaire
we were working on.
I am just sorry for Diego who had started on it: if only we had known
earlier that there was that ongoing... :/

This said, playing with it I also found out about the One Hundred
Papercuts project [1]: isn't it a bit the same principle as Harvest?

Cheers,
Silvia

[1] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/One%20Hundred%20Papercuts