[UbuntuWomen] Introduction

Svetlana Belkin belkinsa at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 27 14:42:58 UTC 2015

On 02/27/2015 09:35 AM, Heena Sirwani wrote:
> I am a computer science and engineering graduate. I graduated last year.
> I am deeply interested in contributing to open source, particularly debian.
> I have been a passive member of the group for a while now.
>   I am aware of the entire process of contributing to the linux kernel
> and have a few patches accepted (through outreach program for women
> participation criteria, though I did not really get through :) ).
>
> I am looking for small ways in which I can continue contributing to open
> source (particularly by coding). I might not be able to commit a lot of
> time, but weekends I can spare :)
> I am also familiar with debian packaging and rpm packaging. I hope I can
> find something here so that I can continue making debian a little better
> by contributing in any way.
> If someone can point me to something, I would be grateful.

Welcome to the group!  I'm Svetlana Belkin one of the elected leaders.
We have two projects going on right now, but you can suggest one:

1. Project Harvest: http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/ProjectHarvest
2. Orientation Questionnaire:
http://blog.ubuntu-women.org/2014/08/calling-for-testers-for-orientation-quiz/

And two events/meetings happening soon:

Monthly Meeting: http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Meetings/Agenda?action=show
[Project Harvest]Development Planning Meeting:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-women/2015-February/004336.html
--
Svetlana Belkin
A.K.A: belkinsa