[UbuntuWomen] +1 Ubuntu Woman

Sakti Aishwarya Arunachalam saktiaishwaryaa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 23:29:16 UTC 2015

Hello Everyone,

I recently joined Ubuntu-Women and I am taking my first step with Harvest
Project and pretty excited about it ! :)

Svetlana’s introduction and few other mails from the archives are helping
me to get warmed up to the system.

A lil bit about myself, I am an Extensibility Engineer at a SDN company in
Bay Area. So my work revolves mostly around writing extensions in Python to
provide accessibility to a switch’s OS(Linux) to customers. I have a
background of Masters in Computer Science . Am very comfortable with Python
I can say. I have also used C++ and C a lot before joining work(6 months
ago). Also, my interests are not restrained towards a particular
programming language. I enjoy programming altogether and Would love to
learn a new language if posed with a bug or a challenge! :)

Wrt to Operating Systems, Linux and it’s sister’s has always been my
favorites! So, I couldn’t resist but jump right into Harvest project when I
heard about it.

I have always been on a lookout to get started on Free and Open Source
software contribution , and looks like I just got lucky :)

I am pretty new to Open source, so I would love to learn as much as
possible with any inputs and tips from you guys. And is there a possible
list of dos and don’ts perhaps?

Thanks,

Sakti