[UbuntuWomen] Introduction

Svetlana Belkin belkinsa at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 17 20:52:33 UTC 2014

Hey there,

On 09/17/2014 01:33 PM, jody hansen wrote:
> I'm new to the mailing list so let me introduce myself. I'm a PhD
> candidate here in Salt Lake City, Utah. If everything goes according to
> plan, I will graduate this December. However, I've decided to switch
> from biomedical research to a career in programming, (for more
> information I've begun to record my experience on jobediah.blogspot.com
> <http://jobediah.blogspot.com>). I've wandered my way towards this group
> because Ubuntu is a product that I continuously use and feel like I can
> stand behind since it's an open source project. I'm relatively new to
> the scene so I may stick to the shadows as I listen and learn from the
> more experienced members. :-)

Welcome to Ubuntu Women!  I'm Svetlana, one of the Elected Leaders of
the team.  We have two projects that we are focusing on.  The first one
is a developer based one, which is called ProjectHarvest [1] and the
second is a (sort of) non-developer based one, which is called
Orientation Quiz [2].

Also, you could have local people that use Ubuntu in your area and these
people are part of a LoCo (Local Community)[3].

I hope you enjoy yourself in the Ubuntu Community.

[1]
http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/ProjectHarvest#Phase_2-_Seeking_Out_Developers
[2]
http://blog.ubuntu-women.org/2014/08/calling-for-testers-for-orientation-quiz/