[UbuntuWomen] Change of recommended web-based IRC client?

Alex Muntada alexm at alexm.org
Fri Sep 12 15:22:07 UTC 2014

Elizabeth K. Joseph:

> Any thoughts on the project switching to recommending kiwiirc? Please
> give both a try and let us know what you think :)

http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#webchat

Freenode doesn't limit the use of any webchat that users prefer unless
it abuses the network. It happened in the past with some popular,
buggy webchat which I can't remember. Then Freenode ended up providing
their own webchat instance in response.

That said, you may want to consider the security aspect of running all
your conversations on IRC through a third party.

Hope that helps,
Alex