[UbuntuWomen] Developers for Harvest

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Wed May 28 14:44:08 UTC 2014

Hello,

On 22.05.2014 18:05, Elizabeth K. Joseph wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM, Anna Baas <annabaas at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm in a bit of a bind: I'd like to contribute as a developer, but was
>> hoping for Harvest to give me a place to start, as I'm not sure how :) I
>> think I would need too much hand-holding. That said, if anyone could make a
>> clear description of what needs doing, I'd like to see whether I can
>> contribute to part of it.
>
> No worries! My vision for this once we get things rolling is to have a
> set of tasks, starting with how to set up a development environment.
> It uses Django, a Python-driven web framework.

If you run   bzr branch lp:harvest   you should be able to find
./harvest/INSTALL which has more info on how to get started.

>  From there I hope to have a pile of clearly scoped (and preferably
> small) bugs for people to work on that we write up based on the
> feedback. There are some current bugs on the Harvest project as well
> that we should consider as well: https://bugs.launchpad.net/harvest

Sounds great. If you want to add a new "feed" to Harvest, check out

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~harvest-dev/harvest/trunk/annotate/head:/HACKING

Let me know if you need any more help.

Have a great day,
  Daniel