[UbuntuWomen] 5 ways to get involved with Ubuntu today

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 28 18:22:10 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

Since we have folks on the list who are still looking for "their
place" within the Ubuntu community I thought I'd let you know about a
series of blog posts I recently wrote on the topic of ways that people
can get involved with user-level experience with Ubuntu.

 * Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter http://princessleia.com/journal/?p=9068

We are really low on summary writers for articles that appear in the
newsletter, which is especially painful on weeks like this week when
there is a lot of news. The job is on Saturday and Sunday to read a
google doc with links to Ubuntu-related articles, and then write 2-3
sentence summaries of each article.

If you could help here we'd really appreciate it!

 * Ubuntu Documentation http://princessleia.com/journal/?p=9070

The documentation freeze is only 20 days away, and the team is really
low on contributors. The job here is to open a spreadsheet (link on
blog post) and see what docs still need to be reviewed - you review
those docs and submit bugs when you find a problem or an update needed
for 14.04.

This documentation will stay around for 5 years with the Long Term
Support (LTS) release so we could really use help to get these docs
fixed up.

 * Ubuntu User Support http://princessleia.com/journal/?p=9074

 * Ubuntu Testing http://princessleia.com/journal/?p=9077

 * Ubuntu Advocacy http://princessleia.com/journal/?p=9072

Hope this helps, feel free to contact me if you have any trouble
getting involved anywhere, I can help or at least point you in the
right direction :)

http://www.princessleia.com