[UbuntuWomen] Survey Results: Part 1

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 2 01:12:29 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce that we had 110 responses from folks throughout
our community and beyond (almost 25% hadn't heard of us before) in our
recent survey.

I've just published the core statistical results on our blog:

http://blog.ubuntu-women.org/2013/09/ubuntu-women-survey-2013-results-part-1/

We also have written feedback that I'll work to organize and share soon.

The expectations section was particularly interesting as we move
forward, with these three sections being the top of what folks are
looking for:

1. Learning what other women in the community are doing
2. Learning how to get involved with Ubuntu
3. Learning about the careers of other women in the community

So currently my thinking is that we should:

1. Populate and promote planet.ubuntu-women.org more!
2. Improve our getting involved docs (this was discussed some in July
already, I already had it bookmarked)
3. Push on ahead with Career Days http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/CareerDays

Beyond that, thoughts? Discussion? :)

http://www.princessleia.com