[UbuntuWomen] Outreach Issues?

Scarlett Clark scarlett at scarlettgatelyclark.com
Sat Nov 16 15:46:53 UTC 2013

https://wiki.gnome.org/OutreachProgramForWomen/2013/DecemberMarch
> > Ubuntu is not on the list or I would have tried.
>
> Yes, it is not on the list.  This was brought about in our last meeting:
> http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Meetings/20131112 (towards the end)
>
> > So my question is, what outreach? Just contributions in general?
>
> As I understand it, outreach is reaching to other women and men (who
> again support our cause) so they can help us to get more women in the
IT
> field who use FOSS.
>
> Svetlana Belkin

Oh I understand now, canonical is not interested... It is hard to get women
interested in a company if they are not interested in them. My thoughts...
The supporting women through the application process is a good idea. In
my case it was a matter of choosing the wrong project. Find projects on
the current OPW and try to match them to Ubuntu related projects. Then
direct women inquiring how to get involved to those projects, that way
they will have plenty of time to get familiar and hopefully start learning and
contributing early. That way when the next round comes up they will have a
head start! This is what I was trying to do... but my choice did not
participate this round. So you have to be careful with that too...
Scarlett