[UbuntuWomen] Open Source Day at Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Conference invitation

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Thu May 16 00:38:25 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

Christie Koehler has reached out to us to ask if we would be
interested in having the project participate in this year's Open
Source Day (OSD) at the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing
Conference on Saturday October 5th, FAQ available here:
http://systers.org/systers-dev/doku.php/ghc13FAQ

She writes:

"Our goal is connect contributors and open source projects. Many
attendees will have their first experience contributing to an open
source project at OSD.

The main two requirements for org participation are:

1) someone from the project is able to travel to Minneapolis and
participate in the event (this person can identify as any gender)

2) someone from your org is willing to prepare the project for new
contributors (and our organizers are here to help with that)

Please respond promptly, whether interested or not, because we are
wanting to finalize our list of participating orgs before the end of
the month."

Unfortunately I'm traveling to another conference that weekend,
otherwise I would love to attend.

Is there anyone interested in attending? Or attending and available to
serve in this role for the project?

I think this is a great opportunity that syncs up nicely with our
discussion yesterday about involving other women in computing groups.
In spite of being unavailable that weekend I'd be happy to help with
any preparation and on the project side as we welcome new
contributors.

http://www.princessleia.com